Women In Meat Industry Awards 2022: winners revealed at 5-star ceremony
Attracting over 14,000 votes for the finalists this year, the annual Women In Meat Industry Awards ceremony on 11th November has revealed all the category winners at a sparkling event in London, and was another outstanding success. 12 presentations were made recognising individuals and talent from right across the industry.
VIP host and celebrity chef Rachel Allen presented the awards along with category partners and said she was absolutely delighted to be involved and to meet so many worthy winners at a most enjoyable awards evening to remember.
The awards are organised by Meat Management magazine and driven by reader nominations, and after all the category winners were announced it was Michelle Low, senior technical manager at Morrisons Manufacturing – Woodhead Bros, who took home the overall winners accolade of Meat Businesswoman of the Year 2022, having also won the Manufacturing / Processing category.
Another of the night’s most prestigious awards, The Rising Star Award, was presented to Kate Blackett of Dawn Meats Group.
Meat Management deputy editor, Joanna Thomson said: “Being part of the Women In Meat Industry Awards is such a pleasure. This is my second year attending the Awards ceremony and clearly it has caught the imagination of the industry. The contribution and influence wielded by women across the meat sector is remarkable, and all of us at Meat Management continue to be incredibly impressed by the calibre of the nominees, finalists and winners.”
She continued: “The atmosphere on the night was unique, and at a time when there are various problems and challenges for us all to face, it was refreshing to be together and to celebrate success as well as the great people who make it happen.”
Lead organiser of the Women In Meat Industry Awards, Sharon Yandell added: “What a night it has been, simply brilliant! I congratulate all the winners and finalists on their achievements. Talent, passion and creative thinking were highlighted tonight – the qualities that all our winners and finalists have in abundance. We had a sell-out event this year as the Women In Meat Industry Awards continues to grow and expand, and we are already planning for the next celebration in 2023. It really is a fantastic success.”
The 2022 winners in full are:
- Meat Businesswoman of the Year Award – Michelle Low, Morrisons Manufacturing -Woodhead Bros
- The Rising Star Award – Kate Blackett, Dawn Meats Group
- Meat Businesswoman Award: Trade Body – Carla Ashcroft, Worshipful Company of Butchers
- Meat Businesswoman Award: Foodservice – Tracy Charlton, Pilgrim’s UK
- Meat Businesswoman Award: Wholesaling – Bal Mehmi, Blakemore Fresh Foods
- Meat Businesswoman Award: Craft Butchery – Harriet Gibbs, Grooms Farm Shop
- Meat Businesswoman Award: Poultry – Katia Feliz, Moy Park
- Meat Businesswoman Award: Training & Education – Lucy Bean, Dunbia, Sawley
- Meat Businesswoman Award: Industry Supplier – Rachael Storey, ABP
- Meat Businesswoman Award: Independent Retailing – Michelle Holsey, Butcher’s Block, Bromsgrove
- Meat Businesswoman Award: Multiple Retailing – Olivia Morris, ABP
- Meat Businesswoman Award: Manufacturing/Processing – Michelle Low, Morrisons Supermarkets Limited
Managing editor & publisher of Meat Management magazine, Graham Yandell, concluded: “We celebrated excellence in style tonight and recognised wonderful people. My thanks to our partners and to our readers who voted, and to everyone who nominated candidates. My congratulations to all the nominees, finalists and winners. If you did not win this year there is always 2023 when once again we shall celebrate the brilliant job that so many women in the meat industry do.”
You can see a short video and photo gallery of the evening here.
For information on how to become involved as a category partner or sponsor in 2023 contact Michelle Ingerfield on 01908 613323 or email email@example.com