AHDB to reveal its new direction
In April and May 2022, thousands of AHDB (Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board) levy payers had a say on what work the Board should do, in Shape the Future. On 10th November AHDB will host an online event, free of charge, revealing its plans.
Those attending will be able to take part in industry-led debates on their sector’s challenges, and explore how the levy will be invested over the next five years to help address these issues. The new priorities will also be up for discussion with the new sector council representatives and AHDB staff.
There will be opportunity to quiz your sector councils on how the levy will be invested, over the next five years, on services that deliver for your business. You’ll also get the opportunity to speak to members of your AHDB team.
Sector session times
The day will be delivered in four sector-specific sessions. You can dial in to all that are relevant to you via the same link, which will be available on the AHDB website and sent to you in joining instructions.
- 10:00am – Cereals and Oilseeds
- 12:00pm – Dairy
- 2:00pm – Beef & Lamb
- 4:00pm – Pork
New sector plans
At the event, AHDB says it will show how it has taken y feedback on board to focus on the areas it was told were important:
- Defending the reputation of meat and dairy
- Developing new markets for high-quality products
- Helping drive profitability and productivity with expert insight and analysis
- Enabling better business decisions with services such as the Recommended Lists and nutrient management information, including RB209.